4 ways an Adaptive Network can overcome today’s challenges and take your network to the next level
By Françoise Pouliquen – There is a relentless push-pull from rapid business and technology change affecting operators today. On one hand, dramatic growth in subscriber demands are driving fronthaul and backhaul traffic and putting networks under intense pressure. While on the other, there’s an industry wide race to develop and commercialize new revenue-generating services, such as IoT use cases and 5G mobile services – and to implement the network technologies and architectures needed to support and deliver them. On top of that, new market entrants, including some of the largest internet companies, are deploying massive-scale network connections that support low-cost data transport between key locations and data centers with unrivalled economies of scale.
The challenges for operators are; how to take exponential traffic growth in stride; how to prepare the network for the next-generation of IoT and 5G use cases; and how to remain competitive on price with large connectivity providers in the market.
Here are four key ways an Adaptive Network can help:
- Increasing network agility and efficiency
- Future-proofing the network with industry leading packet-optical solutions
- Helping avoid vendor lock-in with open networking
- Driving network innovation in strategic partnership
- Ciena Completes Acquisition of DonRiver, Rick Hamilton
- Multi-Layer Networks? Intelligent Multi-Layer Orchestration Has Arrived, Kailem Anderson
- The Adaptive Network: Why automation alone isn’t enough, Keri Gilder
- 6 ways to boost your success with network orchestration and automation, Karim Dembri
- 3 Ways Blue Planet MCP Services is the Superhero Your Business Needs, Stacey Conliffe