Countries ramp up cybersecurity strategies
ITU – The latest Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) from the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) shows a growing commitment around the world to tackle and reduce cybersecurity threats.
Countries are working to improve their cyber safety despite the challenges of COVID-19 and the rapid shift of everyday activities and socio-economic services into the digital sphere, the newly released 2020 index confirms.
According to GCI 2020, around half of countries globally say they have formed a national computer incident response team (CIRT), indicating an 11 per cent increase since 2018. Rapid uptake of information and communication technologies (ICTs) during the COVID-19 pandemic has put cybersecurity at the forefront. more>
- Message to the Mobile World Congress: Encouraging 5G investments for all, Houlin Zhao
- Digital solutions enhance seafarer safety, Colomban Monnier
- Resources to keep seafarers safe and informed [VIDEO]
- ITU Innovation Challenges: Do you have what it takes to create a pandemic-proof digital world?
- Policy challenges and approaches to innovative fintech
- Accelerating climate science with AI [VIDEO]