<img src="” alt=”” />
WEEK OF JANUARY 29TH
MONDAY, JANUARY 29TH
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for morning hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 3942
– Housing for Survivors of Sex Trafficking Act (Sponsored by Rep. Vicky Hartzler / Judiciary Committee)
2) S. 534 – Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein / Judiciary Committee)
3) H.R. 1457 – To establish requirements for use of a driver’s license or personal identification card by certain financial institutions for opening an account or obtaining a financial product or service, and for other purposes, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Scott Tipton / Financial Services Committee)
4) H.R. 1426 – Federal Savings Association Charter Flexibility Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Keith Rothfus / Financial Services Committee)
5) H.R. 2255 – To clarify that nonprofit organizations may accept donated mortgage appraisals, and for other purposes, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Dave Trott / Financial Services Committee)
6) H.R. 4292 – Financial Institution Living Will Improvement Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Lee Zeldin / Financial Services Committee)
7) H.R. 4792 – Small Business Access to Capital After a Natural Disaster Act (Sponsored by Rep. Nydia Velázquez / Financial Services Committee)
TUESDAY, JANUARY 30TH AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House will recess no later than 5:00 p.m. and reconvene at approximately 8:35 p.m. for a Joint Session of Congress to receive the President’s Address. Members are requested to be on the Floor and seated no later than 8:20 p.m.
On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday the House is not in session.
House Amendment to Senate Amendment to H.R. 695 – Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Kay Granger / Appropriations Committee)
Committee activity for the week of January 29 can be found here.
Source: The Leader’s Weekly Schedule – Week of 1/29/18